What Do We Do For YOU?
The MSACOFP represents and advocates for all osteopathic family physicians and their patients
while "YOU" practice medicine.
- Establish policy on healthcare issues which reflect our members views and concerns.
- Assist members on professional issues.
- Maintain a financially stable organization, accountable to the membership.
- Have an annual Membership Business Meeting to assure members have an opportunity for input into their organization's business and professional issues.
- Maintain an administrative office and staff to assist members.
- Have a Board of Governors and committees to deal with family physician business and issues.
- Provide osteopathic family physicians with continuing medical education at a reasonable cost.
- Maintain a relationship with the student chapters of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicans at both Missouri Colleges, KCUMB-COM and ATSU-KCOM.
- Provide the student chapters with a physician liaison, financial support and program speakers.
- Invite student representatives to Society activities and board meetings.
- Provide osteopathic family physician residents in Missouri with scholarships.
- Correspond with state and federal agencies on healthcare policies.
- Have members on state committees to offer osteopathic family physician input.
- Support the Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons on issues important to medicine.
- Testify on legislation at the state capitol.
- Monitor and respond to rules in the Missouri Register.
- Correspond with the regulatory Boards on family physician issues.
- Respond to the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians' request for assistance especially in the area of legislation.
- Maintain close contact with the ACOFP's federal legislative representative.
- Represent Missouri osteopathic family physicians at the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians' meetings.
- Elect and send delegates and resolutions to the ACOFP Congress of Delegates meetings.
- Provide nominees to the ACOFP for committee and Board participation.
- Report to the MAOPS House of Delegates annually on osteopathic family physician activities.
- Correspond with the insurers on reimbursement issues.
- Monitor state legislation which may impact osteopathic family physicians and medicine.
- Support medical initiatives by adding our support or opposition to legislation or policies impacting family medicine and on the integrity of medicine in general.
Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons (MAOPS)
Through the MSACOFP sister organization, The Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons (MAOPS), MSACOFP members have access to several programs. Please click HERE for the D.O.c-A-Day program and HERE for the Physicians Health Program.
American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians (ACOFP)
Issues of national importance are carefully monitored by our parent organization the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians. Please click here to see current legislative priorities.