MSACOFP Annual Awards
Osteopathic Family Physican of the Year
- Must be an osteopathic family physician.
- Has not previously received this honor in this or any other state family practice affiliate organization.
- Has been in practice in the State of Missouri for a minimum of six (6) years.
- Is a member of the Missouri Society of the American College of Ostepathic Family Physicians and the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians.
- Exemplifies the principles of osteopathic family medicine.
- Has exhibited outstanding accomplishments or services for the betterment of the osteopathic profession.
2013 Family Physician of the Year
James A. DiRenna, Jr., DO, FAAFP
Presenting the award is Bruce R. Williams, 2012 Society President.
James A. DiRenna, Sr., DO Appreciation and Recognition Award
- Nominees are presented to the MSACOFP Honors and Awards Commitee.
- The Honors and Awards Committee makes a recommendation to the Board of Governors for final approval.
- The award will be based on a firm's or individual's support of the Winter Scientific Seminar, the MSACOFP and/or the osteopathic profession over a lengthy period of time.
- The formal award is presented at the annual Winter Scientific Seminar.
Please see the nomination form for complete information on what is included with the presentation.
2013 DiRenna Award Winner
Missouri Professionals Mutual
Presenting the award is James A. DiRenna, Jr., DO and accepting the award is Jim Trout, President of Client Services.
MSACOFP Memorial Award
- The individual is deceased;
- The individual made outstanding contributions(s) to the Society or family medicine in Missouri;
- Nominations are made to the MSACOFP Honors and Awards Committee.
- The Honors and Awards Committee will made a recommendation to the Board of Governors for final approval.
- The award is made at the annual President's Banquet at the Winter Scientific Seminar.
- The nominee's family is invited to attend and accept the award.
William N. Cox, DO 1940 - 2012